Services for Individuals
We’ll treat you like part of our family.
At Phelps Tax + Financial, we understand that tax planning and tax preparation can be stressful for you and your family. Whether you have a change in your tax situation coming or need your personal income tax return prepared, our team will treat you like family, providing professional, friendly service every time.
Our team specializes in tax planning and preparation for people like you.
If you have a change in your tax situation coming, let the experts at Phelps Tax + Financial help you plan now so that you do end up with any surprises at tax time!
- Planning for withholding elections
- Calculations for quarterly estimated payments
- Tax mitigation for retirement transition, including beginning Social Security, retirement distributions, Roth conversions and other retirement strategies in cooperation with your financial advisor
Phelps Tax + Financial offers preparation of personal income tax returns, from the simplest to the most complex.
- Preparation and filing of 1040 Tax Returns and all related schedules
- Preparation of other types of returns, including 1041 Trust or Estate Returns
- Follow-up as needed in response to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) inquiries
Preparing for Your Appointment
Please review all the applicable information below to ensure you have all of your documents at the time of your scheduled appointment. If you are missing any documentation, your appointment may need to be rescheduled for a later date.
Tax Planning Appointments
Please have the below applicable information/documents for your appointment:
- Most recent tax return filing
- Most recent paystubs
- Amounts and dates of any federal or state quarterly estimates paid
- Current withholding election
- YTD profit and loss statement for any business interests you may have
- YTD investment earnings statements
- Any relevant household information
Tax Preparation Appointments
Along with reviewing the below and bringing all the applicable information/documents to your appointment, please complete the Tax Preparation Client Agreement on our website prior to your appointment.
Please have the below information for each person in your tax household:
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Forms W-2 for wages, salaries and tips
- All Forms 1099 for interest, dividends, retirement, miscellaneous income, unemployment compensation, nonemployee compensation, Social Security, state or local refunds, gambling winnings, etc.
- Brokerage statements showing investment transactions for stocks, bonds, virtual currencies, etc.
- End of year profit and loss statement and balance sheet statement (if you have self-employment earnings)
- Schedule K-1 showing income from partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts
- Detailed report of any rental income or expense and any closing statements for any new purchase(s) or sale(s) of rental(s)
- Statements supporting the receipt, exchange, sale, use or any other disposition of a digital asset
- Statements and receipts supporting qualified educational expenses, deductions or distributions, including any Forms 1098-T, 1098-E, or 1099-Q
- All Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, and/or 1095-C related to health care coverage or the Premium Tax Credit
- All Forms 1099-QA and/or 5498-QA related to ABLE (Achieving a Better Life Experience) account
- All Forms 1099-H related to Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) advance payments
- Statements supporting deductions for mortgage interest (Forms 1098), taxes and charitable contributions (including any Form 1098-C)
- Copies of closing statements regarding the sale or purchase of real property
- Legal papers for adoption, divorce, or separation involving custody of your dependent children
- Six-digit Identity Protection PIN if sent to you by the IRS
- Any tax notices sent to you by the IRS or other taxing authority
- A copy of your income tax return from last year, if not prepared by this office
Ryan and the team at Phelps Tax are very professional and friendly. They were able to get me an appointment quickly and help me through preparing my taxes. Ryan is very knowledgeable, patient, and kind. I would highly recommend this company. I will definitely be using them again.Jazzyneka Jackson
I found LouAnne and her team while searching for a new tax consultant after having a horrible experience with an independent CPA. She quickly and efficiently got our taxes filed, and when questions arose, she directly and openly answered every single one. She is direct and honest, and her entire team has an immense amount of integrity. I would HIGHLY recommend LouAnne Phelps and her team for any tax needs. We are loyal clients after the amazing experience we had!Andrea Polk
LouAnne, Ryan and their team do a fantastic job. They have been a source of knowledge and insight into the complex world of taxes. They have recently started completing my taxes, and I am thrilled to have them on my team. A+CJ
Schedule a Tax Appointment With Us
To schedule a tax planning or tax preparation appointment with Phelps Tax + Financial, you may contact us by phone at (316) 262-1900 or make an appointment online.Schedule Online